Internal Complaint Committee
RMV Amori is a coeducational institution providing equal opportunities to all. Men and women work together in a congenial atmosphere, however, if there are any complaints involving physical contact, sexual harassment and any unwelcome physical, verbal or nonverbal expressions; it is addressed and appropriate action is taken. This cell aims at sensitising the students and staff to work diligently to prevent sexual harassment in the college. Complaints of sexual harassment shall be lodged with the Committee and appropriate disciplinary action is initiated by the members in accordance with the college’s rules and regulations.
Objectives of ICC:
The objectives of the Internal Complaint Committee to Prevent Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace are as follows:
- To develop a policy against sexual harassment of women at the Institute.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender based discrimination.
- To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender based violence at the Institute.
Power and Duties of the Committee:
To create and ensure a safe environment that is free of sexual harassment, including safety from persons/visitors coming into contact at the workplace.
B. Gender Sensitization
Gender Sensitization involves creating awareness about issues of gender and sexuality and working towards and creating an enabling environment of gender justice where all can work together with a sense of personal security and dignity.
The mechanism for registering complaints should be safe, accessible, and sensitive.
|Sexual harassment and women’s problem redressal Cell
|Internal Complaints committee of Sexual Harassment at Workplace